Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:17 am | Post subject: WFW 3.11 and Ati Video Drivers

I am using a 1mb ATI Mach 64 in my new rig.

I've installed all the drivers and additional software. I know have my resolution at 800x600 and in 32k.

However, it also installed MPEG drivers, and obviously supports avi files.

However, when I start WFW3.11 once, and try to play a .MPG it says it didn't load the driver or Media Player comes up with an error.

I just have to exit windows, into does, then start windows again, and everything works perfectly..

What could be the cause of this? Why do I need to start Windows twice to get MPEG to work properly?

- Steve Ballmer

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:19 am | Post subject: Re: WFW 3.11 and Ati Video Drivers

Maybe the ATI drivers start in the background and need a minute or two to be ready?

Try this: Start the computer into DOS, wait 5-10 minutes, then start WFW. If it plays MPEGs fine after that then your problem is solved.

If not, please reply with screenshots of the error if possible.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm | Post subject: Re: WFW 3.11 and Ati Video Drivers

There's this web page here. http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/index.php? ... ustate=6,1 They have a lot of old drivers for stuff. Hope it helps.

Search for: