Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 am | Post subject: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

OK, i got a Mouse systems PC trackball (Serial version) in box w/ floppies, manual, and Centronics adapter.
What should i do with it?

Last edited by SomeGuy on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removed dumb poll

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:36 am | Post subject: Re: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

Well, it is up to you.

I'll not make a voting poll just like this.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:51 am | Post subject: Re: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

Library Director

Is this one of those large spinning trackballs? Those used to be popular for certain types of DOS games.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 am | Post subject: Re: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

SomeGuy wrote:
Is this one of those large spinning trackballs? Those used to be popular for certain types of DOS games.

I know, but my XP laptop is the only PC-Compliant computer i have. Oh and i (would) need a RS-232 Serial to USB adapter.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:38 pm | Post subject: Re: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

HorseBatteryStaple wrote:
Oh and i (would) need a RS-232 Serial to USB adapter.

Those are pretty cheap and easy to come by. I've worked with quite a few of them to get old scientific equipment to run on newer computers.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:33 pm | Post subject: Re: Mouse Systems PC Trackball... What to do...

Huh... well i hope my budget can take a good hit so i can get a half-decent serial (RS-232)to USB unit.

Search for: