I need some help with uploading a file.

Hey guys,

I have found TWIWMTB (The Way It Was Meant To Be) Longhorn 4074 .iso released by Savoury and PandaX on BetaArchive back in 2011. The original link posted by those guys doesn't work anymore but after a little digging around I found a working link for the modified .iso. For those who have never heard of this modified 4074 build, it contains a fully working Aurora Preview Panel Animation, a DWM theme with transparency, and also some minor bug fixes. I have tried it out myself on VMWare Workstaion 6.5 and 7.1. DWM works when using 6.5 but it is very buggy and ever goes to black and white. On 7.1 it works almost flawlessly and it is beautiful.

Now, I'm not really sure how to fill out one part of the upload forum. In the "Vendor Name" box do I add my username or do I post the link or the website name? And what steps do I need to take after filling out the forum? or is that all I need to do?

Thanks,
Longhorn4074

Comments

• Modified? We don't really have any interest in hackjobs here.

Anyway, the "vendor" would be "Microsoft".Or "Steve Balmer's Butt". Whichever you prefer.

Otherwise, just to upload: Go the library page, click "upload now". Fill out the form, and when it gives you an upload user ID/password feed that in to your FTP program (we recommend FileZilla), and drag and drop it in to that folder. When you are done, mark the upload as completed.
  • If you guys don't take modified .isos. I understand. But this one isn't really hacked. All they did to the .iso is enable DWM, added an aero theme and added that sweet explorer aurora. Back in the day, this modified build was very famous. Now, after looking around, the place where I found this TWIWMTB copy seems to be the only place left on the Internet where it still exists. And it can disappear at any time. But I am keeping a copy. I really believe that since that since this version of 4074 is by definition abandonware, and is becoming extremely rare, I think that it should be on WinWorld. Many of us Longhorn enthusiasts would be sad if this build was lost in history. :(
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Modified? We don't really have any interest in hackjobs here.

Anyway, the "vendor" would be "Microsoft".Or "Steve Balmer's Butt". Whichever you prefer.

Otherwise, just to upload: Go the library page, click "upload now". Fill out the form, and when it gives you an upload user ID/password feed that in to your FTP program (we recommend FileZilla), and drag and drop it in to that folder. When you are done, mark the upload as completed.

Ok, thanks.