Forum Migration Complete

edited November 2016 in News & Announcements
Over the last 12 hours we have conducted a migration of the forums from a dedicated box on PostgreSQL into the main box and primary (site) MariaDB database. This helps with management on our end and keeps everything centralized. Along with this I have also removed a lot of duplication that has occurred in the stale database over the years, including poll duplication, private message duplication and group membership duplication.

Please let us know if you spot any obvious issues that did not exist before 24 hours ago. We will retain the old database for the time being and if no issues are reported in the next 2-3 days, we'll power off that old forum server.

Comments

• Thanks Stitch! So far everything looks good.
  • Only weird issue I see is under View Unread Posts, there's a global announcement that says "Welcome to phpbb3" that won't go away and I can't mark as read.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Only weird issue I see is under View Unread Posts, there's a global announcement that says "Welcome to phpbb3" that won't go away and I can't mark as read.
    I saw that too, and when I try to view it, I get an error message saying that it doesn't exist. Also, even weirder, its from someone supposedly known as "stitches" and when clicking on that name, it takes me to Q's profile.

Other than that, everything else seems operational :)
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Only weird issue I see is under View Unread Posts, there's a global announcement that says "Welcome to phpbb3" that won't go away and I can't mark as read.
    I'm getting this as well, from Q apparently. I didn't think he'd returned, but I can't be sure if this is a glitch or what. It seems to be appearing at random for me, sometimes it'll show up and other times it won't (such as when refreshing the page after a minute, it'll disappear and reappear later).
  • That had to do with an initial phpBB3 installation to get a fresh schema. I will manually purge it out of the database at some point. The new user the phpBB installer creates has the same UID as Q in the migrated DB.

ADD: it's gone now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file