CP/M diskette archival

edited October 2016 in Software
Hello,

I have been lucky to find a Sanyo MBC4050 CP/M machine this past summer:

It came with many diskettes, CP/M-86 V.1.1, WordStar, SpellStar, etc.

I am interested in archiving these diskettes using KryoFlux. Please me know if anyone has had success with this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Nice find!

From the little shreds of information I can find off hand, it looks like this machine may use Quad Density 5.25" disks.

A kryoflux should be able to archive these disks fine using a 1.2mb drive, as long as as the drive is set to read all 80 tracks single stepped, and set to read using low density mode (density line set to logic "high").

From there, a stream image can be decoded in to a sector image using the Kryoflux tools, the HxC Disk tools, or the PCE tools.

I would expect these to use MFM encoding and sector organization. Neither its CP/M disks nor MS-DOS disks (I read DOS 2.11 was ported to it) will be in IBM PC format, so sector images should be stored in ImageDisk format.

On WinWorld we prefer disk images, but for CP/M and DOS 1.x images (that won't open in WinImage) I like to additionally include extracted files. You may be able to extract files using 22disk if it supports that format.