Blind *nix Install

edited July 2016 in Hardware
Strange request here...

I have a few motherboards that, for various reasons, can not give an image (no GPU/port/expansion slot such PCI, AGP or PCI-E). Could someone please point me to an ISO that automatically installs *nix along with SSH & pre-configured so that I can log in to remotely via SSH?

Comments

• Have you considered adding a serial port? ManyUnices will try using serial (or can easily be told to use serial) if you don't have any video hardware.
  • I would just use a loaner system with graphics to do the actual install on, networking configuration and SSH setup. There's not really anything pre-built although you could certainly deploy your own kickstart. Unlike Windows, Linux will move to different hardware with ease.
  • The best option for you would either try adding a serial port, or do what stitch has posted. As for *nix, any distro would work as *nix isn't really to picky with what hardware you have, unless it is Darwin. The only thing you need to worry about is how much ram, and how fast the cpu. If this is a headless computer then don't you don't need to worry about any thing. Just something to think about though when deciding what to install, if you decide on Debian. Debian requires at least 78 MB of ram to install properly.