How do you install AT&T Unix System V on Virtualbox?

edited July 2016 in Software
It seems like the OS boots up in Virtualbox, but an error always happens. Is there any way to install it in Virtualbox?

Comments

• You don't. No matter what, the hardware it emulates is incompatible with this unix.
    Find a way to use bochs or pcem. I've used it on bochs, set it to a low amount of ram like 64mb.
    Pcem, I don't know.
  • Well, to be fair, there's other distributions of System V that would probably work...like Solaris :P
  • I think that Stack exchange had a better answer to this question:
    Unix System V is from 1983. There is a pretty good chance that the disk image you have is not even for Intel x86 architectures and won't work at all on your system or emulator, let alone other hardware driver incompatibilities. Maybe if you used one of the alternate qemu architectures. But most likely you'd need to get your hands on compatible hardware that still works. There are some youtube videos where people boot these old systems and explorer them a bit.
    Over all Solaris would be a good choice if you want to experience System V. But be ware as most essential Unix commands where not available on the original release, System V R4 has most of the Unix and Linux commands that we see today. In System V R3 lacked these commands: who, head, talk, uptime, whois, and all common printer commands (lpr, lpq... etc). But over all, Solaris would be a good choice, or Darwin, as it has hard roots as a UNIX OS.