Unpacking iso win2000 to make bootable cd.

edited May 2016 in Software
Hi All, rather new to all this, but I have downloaded the iso file for Windows 2000 and downloaded various burners but unsure of which files I need to put into the new iso file to burn to Cd and ake it bootable. Also unsure if I will need to create 4 discs or if possible to amalgamate them into one...sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but I am exhausted from trying to create a disc (48hrs of trying haha). Be grateful for any advice at all.

Comments

• You should not need to do anything special to make Windows 2000 bootable. Just burn the ISO to a CD with your preferred CD burner.

I used to recommend ImgBurn... are they still bundling malware?
  • If you're on Windows 7 or higher or any version of (Mac) OS X, then you can use the "burn disc image" option directly built into Windows, or use Disk Utility (10.10.5 and earlier) or right-click the image file (10.11 or higher) if you're on Mac. I'm sure it's not that difficult on Linux as well. No need to download any software.
  • PowerISO and Alcohol 120% should do the trick.
  • Thank you for your replies! A fresh pair of eyes today and mission completed!! Just need to find Service Pack 4 now...I will put that as a new topic and see if I strike lucky again :)
  • So what you want to do really is download wincdemu.

http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

It's a great program and I use as a virtual drive for quick mounting. It also makes ISOs.