memory problem

edited April 2016 in Hardware
so i recently added an ssd to my main computer, after this all went well until one day i saw half my ram was used by "hardware", so i looked online and found a solution by swapping places on my two sticks of ram, no problems.

about a week later i had just intalled cs:go, i played for some time then i got a blue screen. i restart and get another one this time in plain windows
so i look up the error and found it can be caused by a corrupt ntfs drive, so i remove my quite old secondary drive.
the blue screens stopped then.

then i play some more cs and after some time i get another blue screen this time a memory manegment error.
it only happens in game, i run memtest and get 2 errors, now when i connected the ssd the motherboard flexed slightly when i connected the sata connector
i am now worried if it could be the motherboard or if it can be fixed with just new memory

Comments

• If it were the motherboard, I would expect to see more serious problems or failure to boot at all.

Will this motherboard work with just one? If so you could narrow it down by running Memtest with each one individually.

You should refrain from using the computer until you get that resolved, as ram errors can easily corrupt working files and file systems.
  • i have ordered new memory now and will swap it all out as i only have 2 memory slots
    my main worry was that the motherboard was the problem.

so the faulty memory corrupted my secondary drive causing blue screen while booting
    and the other blue screens was due to bad memory
    new memory should do it then.