Installing IBM OS/2 Warp 4.52

edited April 2016 in Hardware
I'm trying to install OS/2 Warp 4.52 on a Levon Thinkpad t61 core 2 duo running at 2.00GHZ with 2GB of ram
When I load the boot cd it loads but then fails with a bunch of hex a decimals.
Any help would be appreciated. :|

Comments

• I guess I forgot to disable registrations again.

Take this one and only opportunity to give us relevant details of the specific errors and hex codes you have. Giving us this generic blob of crap that you did does nothing towards helping you find an answer.

Your laptop is probably too new for this.
  • That, and I also noticed that the images from version 4.52.14.089_W4 are indeed uninstallable and broken, whereas 4.52.14.086_W4 works. The difference between the two versions (iirc) is miniscule so if you're still adventurous try the 086 version.
  • stitch wrote:
    Take this one and only opportunity to give us relevant details of the specific errors and hex codes you have. Giving us this generic blob of crap that you did does nothing towards helping you find an answer.
    this is what it displays
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=522.0;attach=523
  • Probably too much RAM, which is known to cause a DOSCALL1 error with MCP2. Try reducing to 512MB or less. eCS works better with the T61.
  • One of the tricks you could try, especially with older machines, is to go into the BIOS and look for a question 'is this an OS/2 operating system'. OS/2 treats higher memory differently to other systems.