Sticking with Win7

edited July 2015 in Software
I recently installed all of the Windows Updates on my laptop (a rare thing for me to do) and got the 'Get Windows 10' icon in my taskbar, then I reserved Win10. I am running Win7 Pro x64 on my laptop.

With Win10 coming out tomorrow I decided to read up on some of the problems that may pop up if I went through with the update. Turns out, there weren't any of them, except....

Mandatory automatic updates. My desktop has Win7 Home Premium, so it would get Win10 Home, which has mandatory automatic updates. I have an nVidia card. This has already caused problems with people that have nVidia cards, so I haven't even bothered installing KB3035583 or whatever it is on my desktop.

My laptop has an ATI Radeon card, and even though it has Pro I'll still be forced to install updates 8 months after delaying them. Just canceled the reservation on there as people with ATI/AMD cards have also been experiencing problems.

I do have a secondary computer that has an Intel 965GM that I'm not doing the upgrade on either because I also don't have very good internet and it would slow down the network when downloading.

I hope that Microsoft will realize their mistake with the mandatory automatic updates and do the same thing they did with the Xbox One.