I need a processor speed tied game.

edited April 2017 in Software
Hey there,

Does anyone know a PC game tied to a low processor speed such as Space Invaders? I need something to test my turbo button, if you know where to download one, tell me, even better if it's on the archive!

Comments

• Theme Park from Bullfrog, on any PC faster than a 486 it runs way too fast
  • Castle Wolfenstein from 1984 is one of the games the Turbo Switch was designed for. It only playable at 4.77 - 6 MHz CPU speed. You can download the game and manual from:
    http://www.myabandonware.com/game/castle-wolfenstein-3l
  • just downloaded castle wolfenstein. I am now needing to make a floppy of it, and test it. I have a 486, so Theme Park won't do me any good.
  • and it seems as the turbo button doesn't work, though the light goes dim when I press the button down.....
  • and it seems as the turbo button doesn't work, though the light goes dim when I press the button down.....

Impedance dimming the light, probably. It sounds like it's been wired to the motherboard wrong so don't keep pushing the turbo button or you might damage the power supply/motherboard.
  • It is with great sadness that I must announce the death of my Turbo button, while working on it, the button itself got stuck, and I cannot seem to get it properly unstuck.

While testing I didn't see any smoke coming or anything when I was pushing it previous to it getting stuck, but none the less, I have disconnected the "Turbo SW" wire and only left the "Turbo LED" wire connected to light up that small circle beside where it says "turbo".

R.I.P Turbo Button.

P.S: I guess "R.I.P Turbo Button" is better than "R.I.P Motherboard"...