Forum rules

More rules will be posted soon but this forum specifically forbids advertisements of your YouTube channels or videos, unless it features a relevant technology and a significant text post.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:42 pm | Post subject: Re: Cloud Internet Explorer - how does it work?

I gave it a try just to see what it's like and when I got in I tried to download Firefox but they said that it wouldn't.
I was able to get into explorer and with that I looked for command prompt and it was surprisingly not disabled so using that I tried to kill explorer.exe and restart it to have a usable desktop but it was disabled. I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record. I got into task manager and got to see what tasks were being used as well as I got into msinfo32 and found out some of the hardware but I'm sure someone else has went into detail on this form so I won't.
I'm personally surprised that it wasn't running windows server 2012 let alone that it was using internet explorer 9.
Also, I'm not so sure how internet explorer was more usable there then on my windows 10 machine.
Fun fact, if you can get the same account I had "(if it's even possible I think it was account 41)", look in the documents folder to see if my word document is still there,
it's named "so i got into explorer LOL". I hope it's still there.
PS, to get into the actual explorer window you have to get internet explorer to show the downloads folder and go to C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe and once it opens, type explorer.exe.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:43 pm | Post subject: Re: Cloud Internet Explorer - how does it work?

Sorry about bumping this thread.

It looks like they've updated the system with Windows Server 2012 and the latest version of Internet Explorer. As of now (June 8, 2017) their site is currently down so I can't post screenshots.

However, the same tricks described in past posts may still work. :wink:

EDIT: Their site is back up. I've been able to open explorer.exe, but browsing to C: or opening cmd has been restricted. Looks like one of their employees has read this thread! ;)

Search for: