how to play Windows Entertainment Pack

edited January 2017 in Video Games
I've been feeling nostalgic lately and longing to play the games that came with the family computer I used as a child. They were great! Chips challenge, tetris, pipe dream, etc. After a lot of looking I finally found them on this site (Windows Entertainment Pack -Best of) and downloaded it. I've now spent hours trying to figure out how to get these to work. I'm by no means a computer expert, but a fairly determined googler. The only thing I've come across that I haven't tried yet that I think might work is virtual box, but downloading an entire OS for these games feels like a bit much, and I don't have the most powerful of laptops so I'm concerned with how much space/memory that would need.

Since this is the place I got them, I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction. This is the place off the site I got them:
https://winworldpc.com/product/microsof ... nm/best-of

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I've tried using the compatibility settings but that doesn't seem to do anything.
If there's any other info that would be helpful, I'd be happy to provide it.

I know there's knock off versions of most of these games out there, but those just aren't the same....
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and tries to help!

Comments

• The Windows Entertainment Pack is a set of 16-bit Windows 3.x applications. You will either need Windows 3.1, or a 32-bit version of Windows.

The 32-bit version of Windows 10 should actually run them fine, but most people use the 64-bit version these days despite its decreased compatiblity.

Most people settle for running these kinds of applications in VirtualBox or VMWare with a 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, or XP environment.
  • Goofle for a vitual machine already set up with win311 / win95, that shouldn't be difficult to find and you won't need to go through the trouble of setting and configuring up an entire OS. If you go for Virtual Box, I'm sure you'll find plenty Vms out there. Then set up the games you got.