[OFFER] Windows 95 Build 720 [English w/ JP Support]

This build is Japanese beta 3, but it is in English. I have uploaded it to the FTP. Hope it gets approved.

Comments

• Nice! This would be great as I'd like to run Yume-Nikki on windows 95, but since it can't recognize the Japanese characters it fails to launch the game,
  • What is Yume-Nikki? The only thing that comes up on Google is some Wikia wiki called "Fandom powered by Wikia" or whatever.
  • Erito17 wrote:
    What is Yume-Nikki? The only thing that comes up on Google is some Wikia wiki called "Fandom powered by Wikia" or whatever.
    It appears to be some sort of Japanese RPG game released in 2003.
  • Erito17 wrote:
    What is Yume-Nikki? The only thing that comes up on Google is some Wikia wiki called "Fandom powered by Wikia" or whatever.

"Fandom powered by Wikia" is Wikia's generic tag line. It's on all of their wikis. What you found is indeed the Yume-Nikki Wikia wiki. (That's a mouth full…)
    4GLeaf wrote:
    Nice! This would be great as I'd like to run Yume-Nikki on windows 95, but since it can't recognize the Japanese characters it fails to launch the game,

According to the wiki, the game is for "Windows 98 onward." Maybe running it in Windows 98 Japanese will work better. You might still be able to set the OS language to English.

Assuming Windows 98 was as similar in other localizations as Windows 7, you should be able to follow the installation prompts up to the language selection by memory or by comparing to an English ISO. I work with Japanese Windows on a semi-regular basis and the keyboard shortcut keys are always the same. (Though, admittedly, I've never done an installation of one.)
  • Would I be able to somehow avoid re installing Windows 98 and copy over some font files from a JP install that would allow my system to display and understand the Japanese text?
  • I wouldn't try to run foreign locale applications on 9x, unless you have a version of Windows of that locale. 9x comes from the bad old days before Unicode and MUI.