[REQUEST] Windows CE/Mobile

edited July 2017 in Offers & Requests
Could we have the older version of Windows Embedded? I know Windows Mobile is unsupported, and it's market share (as of 2016) is 0.3%. Windows Mobile (not to be confused with Windows Phone) is not really supported, even though Mobile 6.0's RTM date is in 2007. I'm guessing Mobile 6.0+ won't be available, but could earlier Windows Embedded and Windows Mobile be released? Thanks for considering. If my post is in violation of any rules, whatsoever, I will willingly remove this post as soon as possible, just tell me. Thanks, Noah.

Comments

• Don't know if it's abandonware yet, but give this a try: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=18481 . It includes a full, working device image of Windows CE 5.0.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks, Erito17. That will help a lot. But, other than that, I'm not sure if this exists, but is there an iso image of it? I haven't checked at that exe yet, so I'm not sure if it includes one. I will edit this post if it does. Thanks, Noah
  • I don't know why, but I have an error which says that setup is interrupted. I talk about Windows CE 5.0 emulator.
    Maybe somebody knows the solution?

Thanks,
    whistler
  • Whistler wrote:
    I don't know why, but I have an error which says that setup is interrupted. I talk about Windows CE 5.0 emulator.
    Maybe somebody knows the solution?

Which version of Windows are you using? Also does the message explain why or does it just say that setup is interrupted?
  • Thanks everyone, but more of what I was looking for was a actual .ISO or .IMG file I could boot in VMWare Workstation or VPC or VBox (whatever).
  • Windows CE doesn't work quite like that. You basically got the bits you could pick as wanted, then combine with a BSP to generate your OS image.

The emulators offered a development environment that you could quickly deploy apps onto, so if you just want to try Windows Mobile, you can use those.