[OFFER] Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications

edited March 2017 in Offers & Requests
Wassup WinWorld,

The previous offer has been uploaded and I'm waiting for a response, although while I was cleaning up my desk area, I happen to have come up on an unfamiliar CD (Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications Second edition) that I have no use for since the only computer I have is really sloooow. So I thought someone might be interested in it. This isn't a game, nor really an application, more of just a CD form of the book Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications Second edition for those who don't want to read the huge book. Let's just clear some things up first; I do understand these are in production, but the one I have is from 1998 and is made for Windows NT (Any ver.) to Windows 98. Even thought I got it to work on a Windows 10 computer, it'd be a shame to just throw this CD away if I'd known someone might want the ISO form of the CD before this might become extinct. Here's the info of the CD;

System OS; Windows NT - Windows 98
Distribution date; 1998
Brand name; Microsoft inc. (Microsoft Press)

I would be more than happy to submit this at any time so if anyone is interested, just drop a reply and I will submit it at a time when I see your reply!

Comments

• Alixnator wrote:
    Wassup WinWorld,

The previous offer has been uploaded and I'm waiting for a response, although while I was cleaning up my desk area, I happen to have come up on an unfamiliar CD (Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications Second edition) that I have no use for since the only computer I have is really sloooow. So I thought someone might be interested in it. This isn't a game, nor really an application, more of just a CD form of the book Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications Second edition for those who don't want to read the huge book. Let's just clear some things up first; I do understand these are in production, but the one I have is from 1998 and is made for Windows NT (Any ver.) to Windows 98. Even thought I got it to work on a Windows 10 computer, it'd be a shame to just throw this CD away if I'd known someone might want the ISO form of the CD before this might become extinct. Here's the info of the CD;

Distribution date; 1998

I would be more than happy to submit this at any time so if anyone is interested, just drop a reply and I will submit it at a time when I see your reply!

Please upload this, I Have not seen this or read this book and I don't want this to be forever lost.
  • Alixnator wrote:
    Wassup WinWorld,

Distribution date; 1998

Back in the day, this was THE gui-based tech doc bible. Definitely upload it. I think I still have my electronic copy kicking around somewhere...
  • Really sorry everyone,

I do have the files ready for upload, however I am getting problems with actually uploading them. When I press upload, all that happens is that it redirects me to the Operating Systems page and I get an Email but it says the following;

server name: winworldpc.com
    username:
    password:

No username OR password for the upload. :l Is anyone else having this problem?
  • That happens if the product or release fields is too long. "release" is supposed to be short like "2.03".
  • SUCESS!

I got the FTP upload user + pass to work so now it will hopefully be available!

Enjoy!
    -Alixnator with a Windows 98 Series boot disk floppy that someone might be interested in, although I don't have any computers that will accept floppy disks. :/