[REQUEST] "Magnetic Music Prism" midi sequencer for DOS

edited August 2017 in Offers & Requests
In addition to being a DOS nerd I am also a hobby musician and I have been looking for "Prism" for a long time, any clues to where I could find it would be deeply appreciated! :D

It is a DOS based midi sequencer, unique in that it was developed by Roger Powell and is pattern based. Kind of like Notator for Atari ST or any AKAI mpc, where you build musical patterns that can be chained together into songs. He also had an earlier version named "Texture" based on the same principle but text based. "Prism" had a window based GUI.

prism.png

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Hi. I have this, but I don't know where the disc with the software is. I've had a search and located the manual, but not the floppy disk (it's a 5.25"). I have a lot of stuff in storage, so it's possible it's in there, assuming I still have it (I never throw anything away, so fingers crossed). I've bookmarked this page, so if I do find it, I'll upload the files and let you know. We might be talking a couple of years down the line, so don't hold you breath!
  • It just occurred to me that DOS programs don't really "install", so I might just be able to copy the files from the prehistoric 286 PC they're on. That's in storage too...
  • im also searching for this application - im the site owner operator of oldschooldaw.com - please share if anyone has this!!!!

• It's been 4 years since the last post in this thread. Any chance that anyone has this?