[REQUEST] QuarkXpress

Hi all, this is my first post, so not totally sure how to use the site properly.

I'm trying to find an old copy of QuarkXpress that would run on Windows 2000 or XP. Would be very grateful if anyone can help.

Comments

• @simonlathwell

https://winworldpc.com/product/quarkxpress

Which version you're looking for.

Before request, I recommend to read this rule.
    viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6402
  • @ibmpc5150

Many thanks for the link to QuarkXpress. I was kinda looking for version 5, but I've read the rules and just checked Wikipedia and version 5 was released in 2002, so maybe borderline. Thanks again for a quick reply to my post.
  • (Wasn't 5.0 dongle protected?)

What I have:

- The QuarkXpress 4.0 "Final" by X-Force
    (looks to be same size about as WinWorlds current archive)

- QuarkXpress Addon by X-Force
    (contains a multimedia viewer and a QuarkXpress IMD file called "What's New for QuarkXpress")
    That second one is approx 38 MB in size.

I haven't had time to sort these out, only can note they both date from 1997, ans require no trickery to use.

Also have "QuarkXpress 4.0 Release Candidate #1". No clue on that one either.
  • Uploaded QXP 5.0 here:

http://vetusware.com/download/QuarkXPre ... /?id=13420
    Not showing favoritism, just avoiding wasting bandwidth if the app is too recent for WinWorld. Includes 5.01 updater, Plugins, manual, etc.

Also:

Will upload QXP 4.0 to WinWorld. The one I have is more complete, and doesn't have extraneous files like "desktop.ini" and so on. The file and directory dates look to be unchanged from original, etc.

Also have 4.10, & the 4.10 & 4.11 updaters.

cheers,
  • We could probably do 5, but you are right, after about 2000, it gets to be a bit of a tricky gray area, as much of that eras software is often perfectly usable and still runs fine on "modern" Windows (or on the flip side uses activation that makes old CDs just a useless pile of bits). And there are a couple of well known post 2000 titles Winworld cant host.
  • @ 02k-guy
    Thank you very much for the link to QXP 5.0 and downloaded it. I don't think it's dongle protected but will install it on my test machine to see if it works, but hopefully, there won't be any problems. I used version 4 back in 2002 and didn't require a dongle for it to be installed and used.

@SomeGuy
    I was a bit worried about it being after 2000 as I initially thought it had been released in 1998/99 when I posted, and I didn't read the rules properly about doing requests.

Thank you to everyone who has replied and helped. This was my first post and what a nice welcome to the site with everyone being friendly and helpful. I hope to be able to contribute in the future to help others.
  • @ 02k-guy
    Thank you very much for the link to QXP 5.0 and downloaded it. I don't think it's dongle protected but will install it on my test machine to see if it works, but hopefully, there won't be any problems. I used version 4 back in 2002 and didn't require a dongle for it to be installed and used.

@SomeGuy
    I was a bit worried about it being after 2000 as I initially thought it had been released in 1998/99 when I posted, and I didn't read the rules properly about doing requests.

Thank you to everyone who has replied and helped. This was my first post and what a nice welcome to the site with everyone being friendly and helpful. I hope to be able to contribute in the future to help others.

#1 - You are welcome.

#2 - My mistake - it's the QXP "Passport" editions that came with dongles. (I also have the donfgle driver if anybody needs it).

#3 - I tested the install before uploading - ran smooth as butter on Win7, x64. So did v4.0, and v4.10 - all ran fine nearly 20 years after they were produced. Testament to a well-designed software.
  • Took some time and studied the INF file that setup uses for 4.0 - the one WinWorld and Vetusware has (it's awful if you don't run it from an actual CD).
    Modified two little lines to make it more reasonable.

Also had a few minutes to test install QXP 4.1:

QXP41_about.jpg