[REQUEST] Office 95 [German] ISO

edited January 2017 in Offers & Requests
Hello,

unfortunately both German versions of Office 95 in the WinWorld library are corrupted, i.e. the 7z archive cannot be decompressed.
7z states an "unexcepted end of archive" error.

In particular these versions are affected:
Microsoft Office 95 Developer [German] (ISO) 95 Dev 358.09 MB German x86-32 CD-ROM ISO
Microsoft Office 95 Professional [German] (ISO) (Corrupted?) 95 Pro 204.66 MB German x86-32 CD-ROM ISO

Can anyone re-pack and/or reupload them?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• I had noticed that last one was corrupted the other day (hence the note). I don't know how or when that happened. (might have been that old push corruption issue, in which case the only good one was on the old mirror 1) But I can't find a local copy of that - I don't always bother with foreign language products.

I'll mark that other one as corrupt. If anyone has a good copy of those, please do re-upload them.
  • In the meantime I was able to aquire the original version of the Office CD-ROM
    "Microsoft Office 95 Professional [German] x86-32 CD-ROM ISO"

I will upload as soon as my other upload was processed.
    Best Regards
  • If/when you gt the one I uploaded processed,, would like to know what to officially call it: is it an A, B, or C build?

I know the file versions, but I always get mixed up on what they were commonly referred to as.

Thanks
  • Normally I go by what is displayed in the about box(s). With Office 95 the version is still numeric and should be displayed as "7.0" or "7.0a". (Don't recall if there was a "b" or "c", or if all included applications got bumped).

With Office 97, the versions were "Office 97", "Office 97 SR-1" and "Office 97 SR-2"

One of these days that section needs some cleanup and separating out.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Normally I go by what is displayed in the about box(s). With Office 95 the version is still numeric and should be displayed as "7.0" or "7.0a". (Don't recall if there was a "b" or "c", or if all included applications got bumped).

With Office 97, the versions were "Office 97", "Office 97 SR-1" and "Office 97 SR-2"

One of these days that section needs some cleanup and separating out.
    If I remember correctly, Office 97 was version 8.0, while Office 2000 was version 9.0 and Office XP was version 10.0.
  • In my dir of ISOs for Office 95, I have the original floppy set, then at the other end those with bookshelf.

Inbetween I have OEM and retail ISOs that when compared to here and other sites, some refer to as just 95, or 95A or 95B. It's not even clear to me if the others are even sure what they are referencing. Esp with the floppy builds - some refer to the DMF version as 95A and the regular 1.44 set as 95 - even though when I looked at the files they are bytewise identical.

Anyway, Starting with Off97, I go by whatever msoxxx.dll says and what rev Winword is to nail down the exact build.

The German OEM build I uploaded to WinWorld is 7.0.4311 based on Winword.

Office 97 and up is much more straightforard.

For example, I know in Office 2000 - MSO9.dll and Winword.exe - if both at 9.0.2720/9.0.2717 - then its RTM or SR-0.

If they say 9.0.3821 then I know its SR-1, and so on thru SP3.

The non-English versions add only incrementally to the initial build ver. So Office 2000 German SR-0 would be 9.0.2816.

And of course we all know that by opening up the MSI and looking at the Property table, you can find out if its a retail, OEM, or Select build.

But Office 95 - I just never did much with it, so I just don't know.