[Request] Exchange, all versions

edited December 2016 in Offers & Requests
It'd be nice to have Exchange 5.5 and 2000, as well as earlier versions. We right now only have a beta of 2000. There are 5.5 rips circulating through the internet, but I believe these are incomplete and modified.

May be included in some BackOffice releases.

Comments

• WinWorld probably will not be hosting Exchange 2000 because of a DMCA takedown that happened a few years ago for Microsoft Office 2000 that was on here. Exchange 2000 probably can be considered Office Server software because Outlook 2000 is Exchange's client.

The reason for the DMCA request is something I don't know, but the best guess I have is because of the Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle) software that was included in it. This software caused a lawsuit, and resulted in Microsoft even pulling a lot of programs off of their own MSDN, and the removal of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine from Windows XP.
  • Ampharos - I uploaded some releases of BackOffice after buying the original retail boxes. Exchange 4.0 was introduced with BackOffice 2.0 to replace Mail, and there's 5.0 and 5.5 also available with the later versions of BackOffice when it switched to NT 4. These are ready to download.

I just don't have Exchange proper as a standalone product.
  • There are a couple of uploaded contributions that claim to be Exchange 4.x and 5.x, but I haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet.