Can we have Java OS?

Hi, I have heard of Sun Microsystems Java OS but never used it. I would like to try it out and I think a few other people would too! If anyone has it could they please upload it or whatever you do! (I'm a new member)

Comments

• Hi, I have heard of Sun Microsystems Java OS but never used it. I would like to try it out and I think a few other people would too! If anyone has it could they please upload it or whatever you do! (I'm a new member)

One of the issues with Java is that it is a pretty slow. From what I've learned from past experience, since Java is not a binary language, it has to be compiled every time a program is run using a "Virtual Machine". Sun did make an OS in Java but it was very short lived due to many issues including the speed of the OS. However, I had an old cellphone back in the early 2000's which used Java. However Java was only used in this case for applications.
  • there was another
    Java "3D Looking Glass"

you can even call it a first incarnation of android, but in full 3D
    it was using Linux kernel, and Java as shell

was live cd only, its pretty neat with 3D functionality and parallax effects
    at least for that time (2003)
  • I have Sun Java Desktop System (JDS) live demo cd.
    Guys from development team said to me that is now open source.
  • @Wendigo said:
    there was another
    Java "3D Looking Glass"

you can even call it a first incarnation of android, but in full 3D
    it was using Linux kernel, and Java as shell

was live cd only, its pretty neat with 3D functionality and parallax effects
    at least for that time (2003)

I happen to have a copy of Java "3D Looking Glass" which I uploaded here
    https://mega.nz/#!jgtRUIyZ!Mwt8XP6rC8_aSzGRi8UUA_D0Lw9P5K0A5kI3uhsbov4
    I even posted an offer for that, but it got rejected.