Downloads wishlist

edited May 2017 in Offers & Requests
So I've been looking at items we're lacking in at terms of downloads and have come up with a general wishlist on things that would be completely awesome to add in to the downloads library.
The following is more or less my wishlist and a lot of the software is hard to find, so I started looking around on eBay for a few of these things to get eventually.

Operating Systems:
DEC VMS (any version)
RT-11
Unix and BSD (any version we don't have yet)
QNX (older than 6.0 w/ working serial)
CP/M - any version, any architecture
Some early 90's Linux distributions (93-95, I can easily find these)
Minix (this is actually online elsewhere, I just need to package it up)
Amiga OS (with the kickstart disks)
Windows 1.00 or prerelease (the ones normally found online are actually fake)

Software:
Software for the Atari ST
Any Amiga software
Software for versions of Windows 1.x and 2.x
CP/M software (any architecture)
VMS Software
Unix software
QNX applications
Any DOS software
Any 16 bit Windows software not shareware/freeware
Pen Services for Windows 95 (aka Windows for Pen Computing 2.0)

With OSes that are not x86 based, a link to an emulator that we can offer also would be nice. Likely I'll package up a copy of it for download here too. I can test VMS and ancient DOS software on hardware I own but that's about it.

Stuff I've found so far that needs to be packaged up by myself and submitted:
The Broken Software downloads I've yet to upload whenever I finally get upload access
86-DOS (PC-DOS's predecessor) found here
Kiplinger's Easy Money (Some Quicken Clone, need to get my computer with a floppy drive out of storage)
Software for the PDP-11 with emulator (found here)

Note: This list is in no way official, it's something I'd personally love to have and probably would expand the downloads collection largely

Comments

• A few years ago another worker gave me a large box full of 5.25" floppies and a drive, this may finally give me some motivation to go through all of it. The software is primarily dos based I think but there is probably some windows software too.
  • I believe that Nathan toasty tech page has some dos software. Also I do have a Disney animation studio for ms-dos, also I have an m$ entertainment pack which includes 16-bit games for windows 3.x...
  • If you are looking for the Windows Premier Edition, you might ask "trueyanksfan" to see if someone was able to help him read the disks here: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... h-Floppies

That is, assuming his photo isn't just shopped. (What IS it with kids and faking Microsoft crap?)

For Windows 1.x and 2.x software versions, probably all of the known software "floating around" has been compiled here: http://toastytech.com/guis/win1x2x.html
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    If you are looking for the Windows Premier Edition, you might ask "trueyanksfan" to see if someone was able to help him read the disks here: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... h-Floppies

That is, assuming his photo isn't just shopped. (What IS it with kids and faking Microsoft crap?)

For Windows 1.x and 2.x software versions, probably all of the known software "floating around" has been compiled here: http://toastytech.com/guis/win1x2x.html
    Most pre-release versions of MS software pre-Chicago I've found out there was slightly modified copies of RTM editions with resources changed in a hex editor to show a different version. Just doing a diff on them shows that, which is why I'm actually skeptical of those two pieces of software that were requested the other day on here. I think there was some Janus and Sparta builds out there (that we have) that were legit, the rest were mainly fakes. There appears to be a few 1.0 pre-release files on our downloads, but I believe these are fake. I didn't even notice them until earlier today. I'll confirm that when I get the chance.
    I discovered it along with Microsoft C Compiler 4.0 on 6 disks. I've spent the day doing research online and it appears this may be pretty rare. Has anyone here ever seen these and or have additional information?
    That actually sounds like the real thing right there. It makes me wonder though really, how many copies of that version really exist? There has to be one on some dudes shelf out there that's just sitting there collecting dust.

I swore I've seen others listed in old Infoworld magazines. I might investigate this a bit farther. There's quite a few things I really do want to do in terms of uploads, like including the original manuals with them, but with my schedule I'll never get around to it. I have piles of manuals stored, like for Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Wordstar, and I don't know how many on BASIC programming in boxes right now that would be nice additions.
  • Is there an FTP to contribute to? Or should we post download links?
  • I'm going to sticky this topic as I'd like it to be kept as an admin only running list of what's wanted. Due to the admin only-ness of this it will now be locked.
  • Just glancing at this stickied topic, it needs a couple of notes.

Since it was posted, Windows Premiere edition has been added and verified. Information regarding several 1983 pre-releases (1983 comdex and marketing material) has come to light, and these are wanted if they still exist.

Also, due to a DMCA demand a while back, AmigaOS will not be hosted here. As they say on Youtube, "Sorry about that :\"

Wanted: Eagle 1600 "Test and Initialization Diskette" - This is supposed to accompany the Software Master and contains the DOS 1.25 boot files and hard disk utilities.
This discussion has been closed.