Help with Windows Longhorn

edited September 2017 in Software
I Am currently trying to install windows Longhorn. I am up to the section where you need to select where you want to install the operating system onto. When I select the drive it states that the selected partition is not supported for installation. Use another drive partition. I am using VM ware. can someone help me? Do i have to install BIOS or something?

Comments

• To install Windows Longhorn you'll need to set your computer's click to around the time when your build was released. I would recommend you install Longhorn in VMware as in Virtual Box you don't have access to the BIOS so it's difficult to install.
  • Yeah I used Windows Longhorn Build 5259 and showed a similar error.
    The error said: The partition you selected is not ready for installation. Please restart your computer and verify that your disk is enabled in your BIOS settings.
    Windows Vista Build 5342 did a similar error than 5259.
    The error said: Please restart your computer an verify your disk is enabled in BIOS.
    I have 1 thing to say:
    Which build did you try to install?
  • Partition, format, restart.

More in-depth, go through setup. Just because it forbids you from installing doesn't mean it forbids you from working with the drive.
    Better option is to diskpart-prep the drive. You can access cmd by pressing shift-f10 in setup.

When you're done prepping the drive, close all setup windows and the computer restarts. You'll have to manually boot the cdrom but the next try it will let you install.
  • I am trying to use build 5048.
  • Doesn't matter.
  • According to Betaarchive, Windows Longhorn build 5048 was released on April 2nd of 2005, therefore you should set your bios date to just after the 2nd of April 2005.
  • Install activation crack from longhorn.ms.
    Use iso editor to put winlogon.exe into iso. Then you can use the pe command shell from setup that I told you about to overwrite the winlogon. Or you could use the file browser from notepad, set to look for all files so it doesn't only show txt files.

Bios date has no influence on setting up. Only logging in.

If you need screenshots, that will take some time. I'm on a vintage SATA I drive, and it takes minutes to start the computer.
  • This is my issue
    https://gyazo.com/232f736e4201591daa6bb775793a1096
    https://gyazo.com/67d1fba7c9d2c21339578ca2c6ec5071
    I don't think this has anything to do with BIOS time. Do I need to format the drives or something because as soon as i put in the ISO The setup starts up.
  • Use diskpart. Shift-f10 for cmd.
  • Can you please help me with that? I know nothing about it.
  • Alright, give me a few here I'll try to get some screenies.