Geo Works Pro 1.2 (5.25) DIsk 2 is incomplete.

edited August 2017 in Software
Hey,

so recently while trying trying to install GeoWorks Pro 1.2 from a "5.25 disk, on disk2 I keep getting a copy error when trying to copy B:\System\KLIB.GEO.

I eventually went looking in the disk 2 image, and found that there is no KLIB.GEO file there.

Obviously this image is incomplete, thought I'd let that be known.

Comments

• edited August 2017
    There is no problem on disks of Get Works Pro 1.2 (5.25") if this is from URL.

https://winworldpc.com/download/406FDAB ... 54D21A8599

No problem to install to Hard Drive on real PC or PCEM / 86BOX emulator.

I think that seems to be problem on your H/W.

Therefore this problem is Not site issue.

I can't understand why you write this problem on site issue forum.

Read the forum's rule carefully.
  • Hmmm, looking at it, that file is on disk 2. Those disks were dumped directly from original disks.

Moving to software since there seem to be something else going on here. But thanks for looking at it.
  • @SomeGuy

Thanks for reply.
    I'm also sure that is dumped from original media.
    (I know it is dumped by several dumping device.)

I was supprised that a user said "Obviously this image is incomplete."
    So, I couldn't undestand and tested it again, hehehe.
  • When I looked in the system folder within the disk image on win image, I couldn't find it, I even used the select option - type in "klib.geo" and it didn't select it either, soo...

however, eventually after a thousand retrys, it did copy on the pack-mate three, it was a similar case for a few other files from both disk2 and disk3.
  • Hope you enjoy GeoWorks Pro. I used to run it on a 6 MHz Sanyo (PC clone) and it ran beautifully. I used it as a shell program for Dos games and apps. It also has all the basic office apps included. It is a much better experience than Window 3x.

Before you blame the download image, you should do a Scandisk and/or chkdsk on your floppies.
    I just looked at the geoworks2.IMA in WinImage and I could see and extract the file KLIB.GEO with no problem.
    It is in the System folder.
  • altracker9 wrote:
    Hope you enjoy GeoWorks Pro. I used to run it on a 6 MHz Sanyo (PC clone) and it ran beautifully. I used it as a shell program for Dos games and apps. It also has all the basic office apps included. It is a much better experience than Window 3x.

Before you blame the download image, you should do a Scandisk and/or chkdsk on your floppies.
    I just looked at the geoworks2.IMA in WinImage and I could see and extract the file KLIB.GEO with no problem.
    It is in the System folder.

Maybe I should clean the heads, but I don't have a head cleaning disc.