Has anyone heard of Sim 96?

edited August 2017 in Software
It's got the name "SIM_10_IN_1" with the folders SIM2000, SIMANT, SIMCLASS, SIMEARTH, SIMFARM, SIMHEALT, SIMISLE, SIMLIFE, SIMTOWER, and SIMTOWN. The box art has the game names on the back with a rainbow logo that says SIM 96 on the right-hand side of the back. The disc itself has SIM 96 and CDR-(a string of numbers) printed on it (don't want to post the numbers here in case that's a serial). It's a CD-ROM, though.

I've been unsuccessful in finding any information about it, but would anyone else happen to know anything?

Comments

• I can't offer much help, but this kind of sounds like a bootleg to me. Can you provide a picture of the box? Is there copyright information on the box or CD to confirm it's from Maxis?

According to Wikipedia, SimAnt was released as part of the SimClassics 3-in-1 pack. This article also mentions some other collections, but they don't match this.

Interesting side note: SimHealth "was released during Congressional debates on the Clinton health care plan."
  • Do you have box art?
  • Sorry about the late reply.

Pictures of the disc and cardboard sleeve are on Imgur here.

I've also uploaded an ISO to Google Drive if anyone wants to download it. Link.
  • It doesn't seem to have the MAXIS logo on the CD case
  • Yeah that is very much a bootleg.

Back in they day that was probably bought for $5 or so from a shady swap meet or the like. It was a value add in the day to shove as many titles that's related on a single disc
  • stitch wrote:
    Yeah that is very much a bootleg.

Back in they day that was probably bought for $5 or so from a shady swap meet or the like. It was a value add in the day to shove as many titles that's related on a single disc

• Arrrrgggggghhhh, This be pirate loot!
  • How would they fit so much software on a single disc?
  • By stripping things out. If a game was actually pretty small, things like demos might have saved space. Otherwise, you need to start stripping If the game used Red Book audio tracks, don't include those. If the game has videos, remove them. And so on...