Runescape Java Applet, ClassNotFound

edited August 2017 in Software
Hello,

I am attempting to play OSRS in my web browser on my laptop, my browser is internet explorer.

When I select a world, the applet tries to load, I get a banner message asking me to allow it, and I do.

Then it stops loading, becomes black with red text in the top-left and a page with an error icon saying "Error: Click for details".

When I click on it, I get a popup saying "ClassNotFoundException" and then"client.class".

I tried clearing my cache - didn't work.
I updated java - doesn't work.
I rest IE to defualt - didn't work.
I even disabled my firewall entirely, didn't work.

I'm at a loss here.

Type of client used: Web
Operating System (Windows Version, Mac OS Version, Linux Version): Windows 7
Laptop/Desktop: Dell Latitude E6410
Processor: i5
Graphics Card: Intergrated
RAM: 4.00 GB

EDIT: I used Java's verification, and :

The java verification worked. I am running Version 8 update 144.

However I am still having the same problem with the old school web client.

Comments

• Oh Runescape, how I played you back in the day…

I can't help much with this unfortunately. According to the support site, "the Windows version of the official Client comes with it's own self contained version of Java built in". But you're using the browser, so that's not really helpful.

There were no other results based on your error on their support site or forum, so I can't be of much more help than that. Try reinstalling Java and see if it makes a difference.

Does it work in a different browser?

You could try installing the client and launching OSRS that way: https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/206421019-Configuring-the-client-to-launch-OldSchool