Is there a way to get USB flash drives to work with MS-DOS?

edited July 2017 in Software
So.

I have decided to put 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on my new rig, configuring how it looks and how similar it is to my dead 486 machine in terms of look, and AT/serial connections.

I did replace the dead drive with the 3.5 drive from the 486 machine, I also put the SB16 and the ATI Mach 64 from the dead 486 machine in. So you could say the 486 machine is seeing new life, in a way.

However, this computer comes with a PCI usb card. Which has multiple USB ports.

I have heard there are DOS drivers for USB, I have tried a couple but so far, I haven't had much luck.

I'd like to use usb, even if I'd have to use it in pure-dos mode, as it'd make getting files that can't fit on a floppy much on the machine much easier, that's also important because I plan on also using this machine in order to make 5.25 disks for my Pack Mate III.

Does anyone know where I could get DOS drivers that'd allow me to use a USB 3.0 Flash Drive?

EDIT:

I guess if worse comes to worse, I could always use CD-RW's considering this has a newever 52X CD Drive.

Comments

• I think FreeDOS includes USB drivers. You might want to try that since MS-DOS seems to be giving trouble. Not too sure about how well any version of DOS plays with PCI interfaces, though.
  • BigCJ said:
    "Not too sure about how well any version of DOS plays with PCI interfaces, though."

Dos works fine with PCI bus. Many early to middle 90's PCs came with both PCI and ISA bus connectors.
  • BigCJ wrote:
    Not too sure about how well any version of DOS plays with PCI interfaces, though.

I'd worry more about the support of NTFS and exFAT in DOS than classic buses like PCI, which does even have BIOS support.