MacOS 10.12.5 Problems on Macbook Air Mid 2013

edited June 2017 in Software
Yeah.. a problem on an OS on a $1,200 laptop.

So, I have multiple problems with this Macbook. I tried to install Windows 10 Creators update using Boot Camp Assistant, and it was working until setup told me to make my partition and select a size for it. I made both partitions (Windows 10) and (MacOS 10.12) 60 GB each. It was working.. until I saw what I think was a kernel panic? The screen went black and I saw a bunch of code on the screen. It rebooted fine, but as I logged in, I put in my pass, but the screen cut almost like as if you turn off a tube TV, you see those lines on the screen for a 10th of a second, well that's what happened to me. (I have Verbose mode enabled, so I see what going on). After that, it booted up normally, and I could login fine. Though when I went to disk utility, I saw there was only one partition; the MacOS Partition. I couldn't resize it, delete it, or anything. It sure did create the partition, it's just not accessible. That's problem 1/3.
Problem 2 is with one of the screen savers;

Yes you heard me right; a screen saver is bugging out. It is the Arabesque screen saver. Y'know when there's the preview window of it? That works, but when I press "Preview", it lags a lot. Like literally 1 frame per 2 seconds laggy. Now other screen savers work, such as Flurry, preview in the window works, and the fullscreen preview of it, that works fine. With the bugged one, the "Screensaver options" button is greyed out, but not on the Flurry screen saver.
Last problem, *Not major*, but it's with the "Library" folder.

Before I used to go to the "Go" menu on the desktop and press the alt / option key and that would show the hidden "Library" folder. Uhh yeah, it doesn't work anymore. It doesn't show.

I did go to the Apple support website and ask the same questions, and I got a responce to back up my system, then boot into recovery and wipe the disk and reinstall Mac OS X *10.8*. Should I do this?

-Alixnator

P.S; The Macbook still works even with all three of these problems, so it isn't a hardware problem, as I *don't* think so..

Comments

• Problem 1, can you boot into Windows? Also, how big is the macOS partition?
    Problem 2, try deleting the Arabesque preference file. It would be somewhere in ~/Library/Preferences.
    Problem 3, Do you have ~/Library unhidden? If so, that's why you can't access Library from the Go menu.