What is your favourite OS?

edited June 2017 in Software
I am just interested because everyone has their preferences. Personally, mine would be Windows XP, because I've used it the most. However, I started with 95, so I'm also swaying to that,

Comments

• I prefer any Unix-like OS because there's a standard (usually posix), but there's no option to choose that.

Also, the earliest version of Windows NT is 3.0.
  • WinXP all the way... it was computing at its best, and simplest :) Of course, Win2000 was cool too. Had fond memories of that in my school at the time.
  • I would definitely have to say Windows XP is my favourite OS. It brings back so many memories of my early childhood and basically destroying my mother's computer when I barely knew anything about technology. I absolutely adore its interface and how easy it was to use for a novice like little Aldy. Windows 7 also brings back some memories and it's a pretty close second place for me.
  • My first os i have ever used was Windows XP. (I was four years old when i tried it :mrgreen: ) because it was installed to my dads old win98 computer, so it was preetty slow.

(sorry for my bad english)
  • I prefer Windows XP and up for productivity, but I love using Windows 9x. Windows 2000 is also one of my favorites.
  • Pretty much I like any Windows OS (except ME) but XP is the best. It seems like everything is compatible with it. Obviously, it is the best since a lot of people still use it to this day.
  • Overall, Windows 2000, but XP and 7 are a close second and third.
  • NT4 - Rock solid operating system that did everything it was meant to do and did it extremely well.
  • Windows 98FE. My first computer ran it, I'll always remember it as my first OS. Countless hours were spent surfing the web through MindSpring dial-up (lol, anyone remember them?) and playing Diablo II late into the night, while nary a blue screen was had.
  • aldyxvx wrote:
    I would definitely have to say Windows XP is my favourite OS. It brings back so many memories of my early childhood and basically destroying my mother's computer when I barely knew anything about technology. I absolutely adore its interface and how easy it was to use for a novice like little Aldy. Windows 7 also brings back some memories and it's a pretty close second place for me.
    Pretty much the same thing, 'cept i DEMOLISHED my dad's computer, software-wise.