AutoCAD release 12 for Windows

edited May 2017 in Software
Hi guys (and gals)!,

Just registered - first post! I downloaded ACAD r12 for Windows from WinWorld, but that was 4 years ago; I see it has now vanished, and I think I know why (fast CPU bug = "divide by zero" error). I have re-organized the files into "floppies", added an official update to version _c4, added a homemade EXE patcher (simple batch file) to fix the fast CPU bug, and bundled the whole thing together along with detailed instructions. I'm hoping that it get's posted (uploading it in a few minutes). FYI, it can be installed on Windows XP for sure, and probably on all 32-bit (only!) Windows systems up to and including 10 (not sure about 10...). It also runs under Windows XP inside Microsoft Virtual PC, and not too badly at that.

I used r12 for DOS for many years and scoured the Internet 6+ years ago for the Windows version, with no success. Happy that I found it here and hope that others will appreciate it, now that it can be made to RUN! Finding documentation from that era is another matter. Please respond, any that have any documentation for the r12 (Windows) product.

I guess I will also have to review my vast (sort of) software collection and see what else I can post that is of interest.

- Surveyor