Download instructions

edited June 2017 in Software
Hello, I'm a new member and I'm trying to download Microsoft Project 95. I must not be following some instructions correctly because every time I try to download the site sends me to the operating system page. I tried to go directly to the download page but it requires me to log in. When I try to log in I get an error message that my userid and password are invalid. I can go to the login screen and log into the system fine. Please, somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Comments

• You don't need to log in to download.

Some people have reported problems similar to yours, however they have never been able to narrow down the problem.

One issue that could cause this is if you are on a network that changes your IP address for every connection. That is very bad and will cause many web sites to fail.

Another is that there is something horribly wrong with your web browser. Perhaps a bad download accelerator. Try a different web browser and see if that helps.

Also, when the download page loads you will briefly see a manual download "here" link at the end of the message. Try clicking that link before it redirects and see if that does anything different.

(On the flip side, I have noticed clicking that "here" link before the page has completely loaded may ocasionally result in a redirection back to the library)
  • I'm using Firefox 52.1.1 as my browser and have not had problems downloading from other sites. When I go to: https://winworldpc.com/download/45D8AC7 ... 54D21A8599, which is suppose to be the download web address for MS Project 95 I presented with a choice of 3 download sites. Selecting any one of the sites then takes me to web address: https://winworldpc.com/library. The only thing that makes sense from here is to use the search field to select MS Project 95. After hitting enter nothing happens. I've tried the same thing in Internet Explorer with the same results. Am I missing a browser setting or something else? Thanks for any help you can give.
  • Tried a different computer, different O/S and Internet Explorer 8. Still received the same results. Is there some other way I can download or have someone download for me? I'm beginning to think it is just me and I'm not sure how all the other folks download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • gtmercier wrote:
    Tried a different computer, different O/S and Internet Explorer 8. Still received the same results. Is there some other way I can download or have someone download for me? I'm beginning to think it is just me and I'm not sure how all the other folks download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's not just you, I've had numerous amounts of reports about this issue from other users of your specific ISP (HughesNET).