Palmtop PC software

edited May 2017 in Software
Hi,
The sites dedicated to Palmtop PCs are rare now.
Lot of links are broken.
Would it be possible to have here a special category for software that are designed for palmtop PCs ?

Comments

• I definitely agree palmtop (and adjacent) software should be archived better. I'm not sure if WW is the site though.
  • Well as far as Pocket PCs go, I don't understand why WinWorld wouldn't be an appropriate place to start an archive. They do run Windows.
  • I'm currently the only one processing contributions, and the normal desktop applications keep me more than busy. I also don't happen to have anything that will run such software, so I can't test. My personal interest also happens to be early IBM PC desktop software.

If another regular admin were interested in Pocket PC stuff, we probably could expand in that area.

In the mean time, if there is a particular piece of software that you feel strongly about archiving here, feel free to make a case by describing it fully, why it is historically significant, why it can't be archived elsewhere, and so on. That applies to any plaform or software category that we don't normally deal with.
  • Hi, I'm sorry to insist on that matter,
    Maybe you would do something for the early Palmtop PC who were running Ms Dos.
    Lot of software have been written by hobbyists and professionals for the Poqet, Sharp PC 3100, HP LX palmtops... there even were dedicated peripheral for medical data acquisition or research laboratory or field operations all needing specific drivers. If nothing is done that will be lost.
    Perhaps a simple "MS DOS Palmtop PC" tag could be used ?