Problem with two MS Office Downloads.

edited May 2017 in Software
Hi, I'm a new member and I had downloaded a bunch of WFW 3.11 programs. There are issues with two of the downloads of MS Office 4.2c and 4.3. I believe the source files are corrupt as the hash checks OK. Here are the details:

Microsoft Office 4.3 Professional (5.25)

https://winworldpc.com/download/83E292A ... 04A6F17893
SHA1Sum: 57DD69EABA3AA8A78A97908864F89B3BB6EE9F50 from Ray(EU-3) Germany

Problems with:
MSOFF3.CAB
MSOFF7.CAB
MSOFF14.CAB

Note: Downloaded, hash checked out OK. Extracted with 7-Zip, attempted install in WFW3.11 which returned errors "Can not open CAB file
MSOFFx.CAB". Checked hash on download file again, opened in 7-Zip and tested archives which returned Data Error on CAB file contents listed
above. This download appears to be corrupt, may need to be re-dumped from original media.

Microsoft Office 4.2c Professional (3.5-1.44mb)

https://winworldpc.com/download/328FF00 ... 04A6F17893
SHA1Sum: 08D1A2AB68BDBFE4514E48782249F430808484BC from Ray(EU-3) Germany

Problems with:
MSOFF8.CAB

Note: Downloaded, hash checked out OK. Extracted with 7-Zip, attempted install in WFW3.11 which returned errors "Can not open CAB file
MSOFFx.CAB". Checked hash on download file again, opened in 7-Zip and tested archives which returned Data Error on CAB file contents listed
above. This download appears to be corrupt, may need to be re-dumped from original media.

Just basically an FYI, hopefully one of the mods can pass this along to the webmaster. Not an issue as MS Office 4.3 Professional and Bookshelf (CD) loaded and works just fine. Great website with tremendous resources! Thanks.

Comments

• These install fine for me.

What you are seeing is a compatibility issue with non-Microsoft CAB extraction tools. They don't always know how to deal with files that span CABs. If you use the Microsoft EXTRACT tool, the files will extract normally.

But thanks for looking at them.