Customized Windows NT 4 Installation iso

edited May 2017 in Software
Well... I created a customized image of windows nt 4 based on Bearwindows's nt 4 slipstreaming guide, and i want to know the public opinion about it...
Not too much of a slipstream ([I guess] You should install SP6/Q299444I anyway,) but it should work fine with any (virtual) machine you got
I have incorporated some applications (APPS) if you need it
Things i added
-It has DirectX 5 for NT 4 patched with setdx6 (incorporated in the sp6 and the hotfix, and has its own folder if something happens), you should have no problem playing some games that needs DirectX 6 (Worms Armageddon for example)
-Aside from a USB driver, i have also added an APM driver(Advanced Power Management, software power-off, remaining battery display,etc) , it should work good inside virtualbox, vmware, etc
-Added UniATA.sys driver at I386
-Added Firefox and Seamonkey in APPS, you should install SP6 first before using them
-Some utilities from MDGX (like the Windows media player 7.1 for 95/NT4, DirectX 9 control panel icon,etc)
-Updated cdrom.sys in SP6
-Updated fastfat and fs_rec in SP6 (from ashedel's fat32 driver for nt4)
-Added a DVD driver (DVD Write Now) in APPS that i didn't tested but it should work fine, if you're going to use DVD...
-Added Winrar, Opera 10.6, Netscape 9, installers in APPS
-Some other random stuff aaaand i think thats all... :oops:

-When the setup starts copying files it could display that oleacrcc could not be copied, ignore this and continue, the installation will go on fine.
-I recommend you to copy the Q299444I hotfix to your machine and then install it

If you're going to try this on a real machine then try it at your own risk, it's not my responsibility if something bad happens :roll:
Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!e5oWlZrJ!5klYnzgoq57_OxPt_dao5B3MguOHX6iOJJd2yEvmocA

If you've got any problems with it send me a message, but i don't know if i may answer your question, my english isn't that good :cry:
PS: i may add more things in the future, but idk

Comments