pcAnywhere32 7.5

edited April 2017 in Software
Today I received in the mail a complete copy of pcAnywhere32 7.5 - retail box, disks, manuals, and even the original parallel cable. Fortunately WW has disk images of this, as I discovered the second disk has bad sectors. Apart from the usual User's Guide, the other manual focuses on creating scripts.

It was mentioned here that this version was for Windows 95 and NT 4.0. I added the system requirements information as it was blank, and corrected this to NT 3.51 according to the manual. Although NT 3.51 was officially supported it wasn't quite parity in features. In the first chapter for instance it mentions a few times to refer to the Reference book section of online help with regards to this.

Also apart from running multiple sessions, there were a number of other new features such as infrared support for local file transfers under Windows 95, and a feature called SpeedSend that compared two files and only transfer the new data during a file transfer session.

Nothing earth shattering, but just an FYI. Might look at trying this with a couple of ThinkPads.