A few of upload disk image by AppleSeed 2017(?)

edited April 2017 in Software
I've checked a few of uploaded disk image by AppleSeed 2017.

Example : Expresso Calendar and Address Book
https://winworldpc.com/product/expresso ... dress-book

AnyTime 2.0 for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)
https://winworldpc.com/product/anytime

I doubt that which dump tool AppleSeed 2017 use.

Because unused sectors (unallocated) sectors are filled bytes as 00h (Instead of f6h)
Of course not all the filled bytes are f6h on disk format.

But programs are stored on MS-DOS formatted disk and unsed sector should be filled bytes as f6h normally.

(You can see the blank sector filled byte as f6h formatted on MS-DOS.)

I don't know "Expresso Calendar and Address Book" is good dumped or not, but the filled bytes are different from f6h on unallocated sector.

I don't use Winimage if possible, but use DCOPY.EXE or WIMAGE.EXE on real DOS or Command Prompt for Windows x86.

Anyway, I doubt dumped image by AppleSeed 2017.

Comments

• In case you missed the memo, AppleSeed is an old time warez guy. Much of what he is contributing comes from file archives. I've taken the liberty of cleaning some of them up (removing last access dates and junk). So no, they are not genuine dumps. And for the titles in question, I don't feel that is terribly important. (For something like an OS disk or collectible, it is) I have been able to test most of these (screen shot upload is pending) and the contributions are appreciated.

They also lack genuine label scans and manual scans.

If you have better complete dumps, and wish to upload them, please do.

BTW, there is no law that says the sector fill must be F6. My own floppy disk formatter will happily format disks with whatever fill byte I specify.
  • "BTW, there is no law that says the sector fill must be F6. My own floppy disk formatter will happily format disks with whatever fill byte I specify."

Of course I mentioned "Not all the filled bytes are f6h on disk format."

Normally unallcated sector formmated by MS-DOS is filled byte as f6h.

I also have a lot of warez disk image too, but I only contribute geunine dump only.

Anyway, I understand "Expresso Calendar and Address Book" and "AnyTime 2.0 for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)" are not geunine dump.
  • "A few of upload disk image by AppleSeed 2017(?)"

:cheers:

Last year, it would have been "AppleSeed 2016".
  • "In case you missed the memo, AppleSeed is an old time warez guy"

There is no memo about that on "Example : Expresso Calendar and Address Book" and "AnyTime 2.0 for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)"

But I know that dumped image from AppleSeed is Not geunine dump.

I guess non geunine dumped image seems to be increased than geunine image on other site or ftp.
    (On WW, it seems to be decreasted. But I hope not to increase non geunine image on WW if possible.)
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    "In case you missed the memo, AppleSeed is an old time warez guy"

There is no memo about that on "Example : Expresso Calendar and Address Book" and "AnyTime 2.0 for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)"

But I know that dumped image from AppleSeed is Not geunine dump.

I guess non geunine dumped image seems to be increased than geunine image on other site or ftp.
    (On WW, it seems to be decreasted. But I hope not to increase non geunine image on WW if possible.)

MEMO to ibmpc5150: AppleSeed is an old time warez guy.
  • 02k-guy wrote:

I know.
    Already, SomeGuy answered the fact.
    No need to say the same answer to me.
    It is not important for me AppleSeed is warez guy or not.

I only wonder (doubt) AppleSeed's contribution is from original or not.
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    02k-guy wrote:

I know.
    Already, SomeGuy answered the fact.
    No need to say the same answer to me.
    It is not important for me AppleSeed is warez guy or not.

I only wonder (doubt) AppleSeed's contribution is from original or not.

I just downloaded the Expresso package. Nowhere on either the download page or inside the archive is there any claim that the contents were made from "original disks". Yet you know they must have been at some point, or there would be no files inside of them.

Perhaps you read that on another site.

Just to be clear though, did you test them for usability - or are you just on a junior detective mission?

Seems you got enough on your plate already without picking nits on what others "contribute".

Just saying...
  • @02k-guy

What are you want to say?

SomeGuy already explained me.

So I have no word about that.

But you seem to be kidding me right.
    I don't want to waste the time to have an argument with you.

P.S. Please do Not quote whole sentence on my thread!
    If not, I'll ignore you.
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    @02k-guy

What are you want to say?

SomeGuy already explained me.

So I have no word about that.

But you seem to be kidding me right.
    I don't want to waste the time to have an argument with you.

P.S. Please do Not quote whole sentence on my thread!
    If not, I'll ignore you.

LOLOLOLOL !!!

Let's test this "threat".

:alien:
  • Gentlemen,

You two need to find a way to be civil and get along. Thank you both for your contributions to the site, now let's be adult about your differences and have a discussion without resorting to petty responses and childish attacks.

If this continues the staff will need to have further discussion on how to isolate you two. I really do not want this community to turn back into an episode of Jerry Springer.
  • Got it..
This discussion has been closed.