Managing Your Money - MECA Software LLC./Andrew Tobias

edited March 2017 in Software
Winworld has several here:
https://winworldpc.com/product/managing-your-money

And (in my opinion) one misplaced one here:
https://winworldpc.com/product/boa-homebanking-with/21a
^^^--- That one is more correctly "Managing Your Money" - the primary app, slightly customized with a dialer app to log into BoA for your account status. And "Managing was spelled "Manging" which explains why I didn't find it on Winworld first go around with google.

"MECA is in a partnership with Bank of America, Nations Bank, Fleet Bank, First Bank Systems and Royal Bank of Canada."

And what that means, is each bank added whatever little bits it felt it could risk to extend its banking services - but the primary app was still MYM.

Anywho - it's just something I noticed and wanted to pass on.

Now, what I have:
DOS versions 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0.
Win versions: 1.00, 1.10, 2.10, 2.1A, 3.00. Version 3.00 was the last version released.
Some of those Win versions are also combined with dialer features for Nations Bank, Bank of America and Royal Direct. However, none of these take away from or interfere with using Managing your Money as a regular standalone app.

I also have (I believe) all of the updates for DOS versions 10, 11, 12.

Also some conversion utils. Earlier DOS versions to later DOS, DOS to Win, all versions to Quicken or QuickBooks (I forget which).

I intend to upload them as I get a chance.

The only parts I have a question about are the updates and 3rd party converters.

BTW, I had no idea there was such a loyal following for this old, scronky software. Made me think I was at WordPerfect Universe.

PS: Did you folks know that the Windows versions allowed you to "plug-in" 3rd party apps like the once popular ECCO Pro PIM/dialer? Yup. Just create an item/button, tell it what to link to and done!

Comments

• I'm not really too familiar with that program myself. I thought that "BOA HomeBanking" one was a complete rebranding, but I'll take another look at it when I get a chance. For the moment I added some linkage between the products.

BTW, I have an incomplete and crufty copy of Managing Your Money 3.0 for DOS. But since it can't correctly be installed due to a missing disk I haven't done anything with it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I'm not really too familiar with that program myself. I thought that "BOA HomeBanking" one was a complete rebranding, but I'll take another look at it when I get a chance. For the moment I added some linkage between the products.

BTW, I have an incomplete and crufty copy of Managing Your Money 3.0 for DOS. But since it can't correctly be installed due to a missing disk I haven't done anything with it.

I'm not a past user of MYM either. Did use DacEasy Accounting DOS + POS (Point Of Sale). And then later Peachtree and some others.

As far as your V3.x - all the early versions were copy protected and had serials thru v10.x.
  • @SomeGuy:

What I uploaded is crap. Now that power is back & stable, I'll try again later on.

apologies...