Problems when installing W2K on my old PC

edited February 2017 in Software
Whenever I try to install Windows 2000 Professional on my old PC, I get a 0x7B BSOD when the installer boots. This happens on both of my hard drives. I have tried every single config possible and nothing works. I believe it *may* be the onboard IDE controller.

Comments

• Do you have another old PC you could try with? Or you could try another disc with a re-download. One last thing, you could install W2K using another system (provided you have one) and try to boot this system with that HDD.
  • @KonitsasX

I wonder what your old PC does mean. Old PC just like Pentium 1/2/3/4 series? Or Virutual PC.

Virtual PC is Not Hardware but Software that emulates (simulates) another PC.

Also which SP (Service Pack) version you manage to install Windows 2000 professional.
  • The virtual PC bit is part of OP's signature.
  • How about researching what drive controller you have, obtaining drivers for it, and slipstreaming them into a disc iso?
  • jamie1130 wrote:
    Do you have another old PC you could try with? Or you could try another disc with a re-download. One last thing, you could install W2K using another system (provided you have one) and try to boot this system with that HDD.

I don't have any other old PCs that I could try to install to them. I have made at least 2-3 disks with the W2K setup, redownloading the iso each time. My only other system is a Latitude d520 running W7, and the hdd is really small to create another partition.

ibmpc5150 wrote:
    @KonitsasX

I wonder what your old PC does mean. Old PC just like Pentium 1/2/3/4 series? Or Virutual PC.

Virtual PC is Not Hardware but Software that emulates (simulates) another PC.

Also which SP (Service Pack) version you manage to install Windows 2000 professional.

Its a 2000-era pc with 1GB of RAM, an Intel Celeron at 1.2GHz and an 80gig drive.
    I was trying to install W2K Professional SP4.
  • What's the desktop name?
  • E.G.
    Dell dimension b110
    Lenovo T430