How can modded Windows 8.1 run on 72MB RAM?!

edited February 2017 in Software
I decided to try a very stripped down version of Windows 8.1 (in a VM, of course) and, to my EXTREME SURPRISE, it actually runs on a meagre 72MB of RAM. The build in question is a non-activated and nearly featureless build of 32-bit Windows 8.1 called "Windows 8.1 Extreme Lite" and it was made by someone called Bob Pony. The Win7 and Win10 extreme lite versions DO NOT want to run on this little RAM. Could someone please explain why the 8.1 version seems to need the least RAM? Also, these stripped down builds fit on a CD and do not seem to be malicious/buggy like most of those so-called and very crappy "lite" versions (they work fine and the ISO images do not have viruses/malware). I personally suspect that Bob Pony just went a little crazy with NTLite, but that is only a theory. These builds are not activated, so I don't think I did anything illegal (please warn me if this stuff is not legal so that I can delete it).

Comments

• They can run on such low amounts of RAM because they are so slimmed down. The memory hogging services are taken out. Bob Pony is an odd YouTuber. Look him up. He does random things with Windows operating systems. This really reminds me of Windows Tiny 7.
  • jamie1130 wrote:
    This really reminds me of Windows Tiny 7.

I'm sure bob pony did a Windows 7 Extreme Lite as well :) I should try it!