Windows joystick data issue

edited February 2017 in Software
I have a logitech extreme 3D pro flight stick. After I had an SSD installed in my PC, I noticed that the throttle and push stick were not working. Windows confirms that everything is working (in Devices and Printers>Game controller properties>(joystick name)). It seems that Windows is only conveying button info to the flight sim I am using, and the same applies for the logitech gaming software. Reinstalling the said logitech app did not fix anything. Everything worked fine before the SSD was installed. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Do you have another PC to test the joystick out on? It could be a coincidence that the joystick screwed up about the same time you installed the drive. If the stick can be confirmed working and if the SSD is a secondary drive, remove the drive and try again.
  • Like BigCJ said, trying on another PC would help determine what the problem is, but maybe uninstall the joystick drivers from Device Manager, and replug the joystick so it will reinstall them? And if possible, using a different USB port may work as well.
  • Trying it on another PC is last resort. I removed it from device manager, but still no dice. I plug it in and it immediately reinstalls. Only buttons work in logitech gaming software (tried reinstalling that to). it seems that there is some issue somewhere in the Windows<->Software data exchange process. the SSD is the primary drive. the OS and everything was cloned to it. Another weird thing: after i got the SSD, i immediately noticed that the game save on Blazing Angels 2 was gone. I suspect that my local repair shop screwed something up, but I do not want to prematurely accuse them.
  • pcgeek wrote:
    the SSD is the primary drive. the OS and everything was cloned to it. Another weird thing: after i got the SSD, i immediately noticed that the game save on Blazing Angels 2 was gone. I suspect that my local repair shop screwed something up, but I do not want to prematurely accuse them.
    Do you mean that the repair shop cloned the drive? If you are missing a file, there's a chance they did screw up and you're missing more. Just a shot in the dark, but that may be your problem. It may also be time to reinstall Windows. Why is testing on a second PC a last resort?