Broderbund - The Print Shop Press Writer

edited February 2017 in Software
circa 1997. Win95 and higher. First version that they presented as a full DTP package.

I have: v1.0 - ISO and rip. I also have v1.5 ISO.

Now, I happen to think these would be a fine addition to WinWorld.

So here's the deal: When I was checking around for specs & images etc, I stumbled on the same thing, but for MAC, at another site. In a SIT archive, which I pulled down and extracted a .toast image. It was the exact same size as the one I have here, but mine is from an old Usenet archive.

So, I took a moment to look at them both. They are both Hybrid ISOs, meaning one track for the MAC, and one for Winderz.
Now, I'm not a MAC user and have no way to confirm whether the MAC side of this ISO will install. The Windows version does.
However, I opened the ISO with UltraISO (after browsing it with a hex editor first) and it reveals:

"APPLE COMPUTER, INC., TYPE: 0002"
"TOAST ISO 9660 BUILDER COPYRIGHT (C) 1997 ADAPTEC, INC. - HAVE A NICE DAY"

What do you all think? Is the ISO worth having on WW? Would the v1.0 be an asset to WW?

Bitmap_131.jpg

Comments

• Sounds good to me. Should be able to test the mac side with Basillisk II.
  • Yup. When I first looked at it (the ISO I have from Usenet), I thought, "hmm, they got an audio track - well that's different".

Then when I looked at the two side-by-side - the bulb went off - even if only dimly.

I'll have to trust on you to check out the Mac side of it.
  • What you uploaded wasn't an ISO, it was a crufty RAR file.
  • Oh, feedback, I'm not used to acually getting a response.

Yeah there's some diff (version? I forget already) between the RAR and the hybrid image. I'll try and get around to it this weekend.
  • OK, just checked. What I uploaded was PW 1.0 - Windows only, file archive.

The Hyrbrid/ISO is PW 1.5 - Win/MAC.

If the 1.0 RAR achive displeases WW then I don't know what to say.
    It has box & product shots, original Readme sucjked from Archive.org's stored pages, tested, works.

(shrugs)