Flight Sim v3.0 - 'Tandy 1000 - Compatible version'

edited June 2017 in Software
Hello from DK.png Everyone ..

[removing bit about this being found at my crazy grandpa's house and that whole nutshell]

I've been around a bit, you could say.. I've probably spent a total of $6.4k collectively just travelling in the last few days. So, when my eyes scanned over this bit of old softs I immediately literally dropped what I was doing. [Which was organizing an attic of old [but seriously not that interesting] Macintosh compatible stuff]. Most of the wares I tried out which were on 5.25 disks were either moulded or just didn't work, save for a singular old Macintosh 'EtherLink' driver for an external, serial, single-module, enclosed expansion board [which has the EtherLink card in it].. which I actually got up and 'working' with Google on an old Performa box! Not the most interesting, but it was definitely something to pass time while I was there.

The one other piece of software I am pretty-almost-100% sure will work... is this duud:

http://imgur.com/a/k5B0g

I read both disks to images in ImageDisk on a Macintosh and they read without a single pause, so that, coupled with the fact that they were sealed, permits the assumption that they should work.. once I get back home to my old Tandy 1000 EX. Or maybe I could send someone the disk images and have you test them? Although it has been a real challenge getting this HP TC1100 to keep a connection alive for more than five minutes..

Anyways leave a post if you'd like me to share / upload / archive this software. I'm confident in offering to do so for the fact that the disks were new!! Along with the warranty, and even a manual which looks like it was sealed too, for some reason.. Just Microsheft's top notch security for the era I suppose.

I'm scheduled to fly back in two days; and I'll have hopefully more than to share with you all the joys of this 'ware [to get it properly uploaded that is]

If any part of this post is scattered, it's because I've been .. [this is boiled down sharply] assisting ancient citizens and also convincing them their caretakers are not evil and out to get them. [and getting them to remember this on a daily basis] bu'yeahHappy Holidays Everyone!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• I know Microsoft Flight Simulator v3.0 was already dumped a few years ago and all diskimage of SHA1 (both disk 1 and disk 2) are verified as normal image.

SHA1:a4abaa104497fb3bb4ffd4a56cc9582f27c44885 / Disk 1 - Program (368,640 bytes)
    SHA1:cd5db151eb514c13ffe9e2e7289dd8d5ffa3e34d / Disk 2 - SCENERY (368,640 bytes)

If you dumped it by ImageDisk from track 0-39 without error or modification, you can convert .IMD file to .IMA by using PSI.EXE tool.

Example :
    PSI DISK1.IMD DISK1.IMA
  • I am really being optimistic posting this; really hoping it won't irritate anyone by dragging this thread one year up, but here's an update:

I am just signalling that I am not quite dead; the 386 at my old workplace [the last one in use at the time] which I was going to create the image files with, became decommissioned and some random person got it [or it was just thrown out but I like to be optimistic] and additionally I no longer work there! So for a while I had no access to a PC with 5.25 in drives. THEN I purchased locally a 486 on eBay. I thought I could expand my experience from the old 286 & 386 world.. I have never been more wrong!

To clarify it was a 486 generic white box clone with an Intel 120MHz MMX.

I had months of failures, large and small, periodic and constant. So I bought a lightly used compatible 486 board, put the old CPU & etc. in the new board, ironed out errors which came from outdated\incorrect jumper info, and finally got it running smooth on W3.1 and then 95.
    About a week passed because I was dealing with moving. I booted the new board; the serial ports and floppy controller stopped working permanently; even after a repeated identical setup with minimal and even completely different components.

Needless to say I have gone bonkers and back trying to learn about and setup a 486. Sorry I disappeared! But if it's alright I'd like to bring this thread back from the dead so I don't waste space making a new one once I setup a nice old 286 and get the image files, and post them here.
    That said that will probably be a month from now; even though I'm moving homes the 286 will be setup before I get the furniture in! Or at least that is my vision...

Considering the software for which this thread was created, it works 100% so far [I even left it on flying all night] and it runs like a .. slow.. dream on a Tandy 1000 EX.

Finally I have a question: if these images were dumped already, where are they? I assume it takes many more than one confirmed image set, but I haven't an idea because I've never contributed..

Anyways Cheers!