Windows 7 won't recognize Micro SD card.

edited June 2017 in Software
So today I got out one of my families digital camera's which haven't seen use since my parents got smart phones, and I took a couple pictures of my Toshiba t2100 486DX2 laptop.

When I was done and I removed the Micro SD from the camera and put it in the Micro SD slot on my Mac Mini which is only running Windows 7 after a low-level format with Derik's Boot and Nuke but it doesn't seem to be recognizing it as it doesn't show up in "Computer".

I removed it and re-inserted it a few times over, and still nothing.

I don't understand why as I ma not a photographer and have little experience with digital cameras, but I think a micro SD should be automatically recognised by a modern OS.

So I don't know what the hell is up?

Comments

• What format is microSD card is it set to? If it's FAT16 or FAT12, it won't work in a modern PC. I had the same problem with a camera I have, it formatted the CF card, but it wasn't recognized because it was formatted with FAT16.
  • Do you see the drive in disk management?
  • jamie1130 wrote:
    Do you see the drive in disk management?

No, but it works fine on my laptop for some reason.
  • The SD-Card/MMC drivers may be outta whack.
  • Your mac likely doesn't have the SD card reader driver.
    Probably apples uses some funky hardware id and the generic driver won't work as a result.
    Peek around devmgmt, that might shed some light.

/CompactFlash/ master race.

FYI Darik's boot and nuke is not classified as a "low level format," but a form of destructive data removal.