[SUGGESTION] Return to previous page after login

edited July 2017 in Site Issues
Seems like I've been making a few suggestions lately. Oh well...here's another one.

When logging into the library or forum, the system should return you to the previous page rather than the index page. This is especially useful because then you won't have to navigate again to the forum topic you were going to reply to.

The "return to previous page" behavior seems to be standard for phpBB; why that doesn't exist here is somewhat strange.

By default, on a certain phpBB forum I own (sorry, it's not related to technology in any way), the system returns you to the previous page after logging in.

Please reply with ideas or feedback.

Comments

• I really like this idea. My computers never remember my password, so between having to try 12 different passwords and finally getting logged in, I usually forget where I'd gone to find that topic.
  • If you are referring to our current phpBB, well, there's hundreds of little problems with it; it wouldn't surprise me if it was still misbehaving.

It should change, hopefully? with phpBB 3.2, which should be very soon now.

As far as the site goes proper, that is something I have in the development branch but has yet to be backported over.
  • stitch wrote:
    If you are referring to our current phpBB, well, there's hundreds of little problems with it; it wouldn't surprise me if it was still misbehaving.

It should change, hopefully? with phpBB 3.2, which should be very soon now.

As far as the site goes proper, that is something I have in the development branch but has yet to be backported over.
    Great! Really looking Foward to it! Thank you soooooooooo(to infinity, can't have infinite "o" s here lol) much!
  • The main issue is that it is occurring on the main site/library pages. It's understandable that the forum has glitches, but the main site? It should be much easier to fix that part.

BTW the issue doesn't happen on TestBoards (the phpBB3.2 test forum).