Downloads link to library page

edited August 2017 in Site Issues
Okay, something weird is going on with downloading, and it's either problems with this site (alongside another, likely unrelated, site as well) or my ISP is just straight-up trolling me.

I've tried to download many files on this site recently, and everytime it says "Your download should start automatically" and it does, I'm somehow redirected to the main library page.

I choose a different mirror, I'm redirected to the library page.

I use a different browser, I'm redirected to the library page.

I try to right-click the download link and click "save link as", It either calls my download "library.html", or it shows the actual file name and format and when I click "save", it pauses for a few seconds right at the beginning, not showing the total size to download, and then downloads a 17KB file that's clearly not the file I downloaded, let alone the right format.

Now if that's not strange enough (I apologize if this is off-topic and for this being beyond the scope of this site, but I feel it has to be said for context and because this has to be), on a separate site, MediaFire (the other site I mentioned), when I try to download something off that site, it either reloads the download page, or if I'm unfortunate enough to go to a direct link to that download, I get a "too many redirects" error.

And the even weirder thing is, I'm downloading onto a laptop, and in June of last year (yes I've been having problems with MediaFire for that long -- and before you mention it, I did talk to their customer service and went absolutely nowhere until this recent event), I traveled somewhere to spend a vacation, bringing the laptop along, and stayed in a hotel room with WiFi, and when I downloaded on MediaFire from there on that laptop, the download went through, clean and without a hitch.

And if that isn't enough, I can download stuff from both here and MediaFire on my phone, and anything going from here or there to the phone is downloaded with no problems at all.

And if even THAT'S not enough, the even more insane thing is, I'm pretty sure I could once download from these sites on the same computer without having to go somewhere else or use a different device.

So, after all that rambling, I've come here to say, is it my ISP doing this? Because from what I can gather, it's not the browser, and it's not the laptop.

Comments

• What is the mirror you're downloading from and what is the file?
    This sometimes happens periodically.
  • Solution:

1. Download a download manager or something.

2. Choose any mirror.

3. After 3 is done, quickly right-click the "here" word, and click "Copy address link".

4. Paste the link into your download manager, and enjoy.
  • I just need to point out that if a download manager or copying the address works for you, then this proves there something horribly messed up with your web browser.
  • I am also having this problem. Using a download manager just yields a "library" file. This happens on every file I attempt to download, on every server, on every browser, on both Windows and Linux, on both of my computers.

This appears to be an ISP issue. I was able to download files using the Tor browser. I would imagine using most any other VPN service will work as well. Give that a try.
  • Solution:

1. Download a download manager or something.

2. Choose any mirror.

3. After 3 is done, quickly right-click the "here" word, and click "Copy address link".

4. Paste the link into your download manager, and enjoy.

Many Thanks!!! You sir, are indeed, a "Player" !

This solution worked like a charm
  • Care to share any details? Like what "download manager" (as long as it does not contain malware as many do)

I also need to emphasize that if a downloader works, then that points the finger at something very badly *FUCKED* in your web browser, rather than ISP.
  • doing this solution downloads the .html file of the library.
  • Please send me a screenshot of http://dl-test.winworldpc.com