Visio Screenshots

edited January 2017 in Site Issues
A minor issue I just noticed that I'm unable to fix. Somehow the screenshots for Visio 1.0 have screenshots for that and Visio 5.0, while Visio 5.0 doesn't have any at all.

Comments

• Thanks for pointing that out. It is nice to see someone is actually looking at the screen shots now.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Thanks for pointing that out. It is nice to see someone is actually looking at the screen shots now.

No problem. I've also discovered the same has happened to "The Twin".
  • I think we need to do more on the screenshot front. There's some bugs I need to fix in the functionality, and frankly, they could be organized better.

If we started making categories for specific elements in a GUI a-la guidebookgallery.com would that be interesting to folks? We can easily make timelines and what not based on that kind of sorting but it would require human time investment.
  • What guiguidebook does would not really work here. There is a vastly wider variety of applications here and the screen shots frequently show off their unique features. While most are in the format Splash | Running | Help, not much more than the splash/about screens would make sense side by side. And for brevity many screen shots combine things.

A release timeline, or "tree of life" like vetusware would be interesting, but that wouldn't have much to do with screen shots. Eventually a chronological search function for releases would be nice. That way people could search for applications that might have some specific functionality but before a certain date.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    What guiguidebook does would not really work here. There is a vastly wider variety of applications here and the screen shots frequently show off their unique features. While most are in the format Splash | Running | Help, not much more than the splash/about screens would make sense side by side. And for brevity many screen shots combine things.

A release timeline, or "tree of life" like vetusware would be interesting, but that wouldn't have much to do with screen shots. Eventually a chronological search function for releases would be nice. That way people could search for applications that might have some specific functionality but before a certain date.

It would not be all inclusive nor mandatory, not all screenshots would appear on such. Those that do however would be perfectly usable in a product screenshot gallery as well.