Broken images? (also FTP server)

edited December 2016 in Site Issues
A bunch of images lately on the site i've seen is broken. Like the following smilies:
:wink: :alien: :bom: :cheese:
And there are broken duplicate smilies of :D, :), :(, :o, and :?.
(also FTP server)
Oh right! I almost forgot.

There used to be a FTP server thing on here that was broken where the username was "thanks to winworld archive" or something.
What was that about? Am I crazy? When did it dissapear?

-- i know the smilies aren't showing as images, i've disabled smilies so that I don't get "Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 4."

Comments

• Try them again now: :o:D :santa: :geek:

A few years ago, back before the database system was put in place, the entire Winworld archive was just an FTP file collection.

For a while there was a "joke" page that tried to make it look like it was taking you to someone else's collection, but in fact it was just the winworld primary mirror. That stopped working when the current database system went in to effect.
  • Oh horray. They are fixed. :alien: :cheese: :bom: :)
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    For a while there was a "joke" page that tried to make it look like it was taking you to someone else's collection, but in fact it was just the winworld primary mirror. That stopped working when the current database system went in to effect.

That reminds me, it also had a HTTP page when you removed a "ftp." from "ftp.blehdyblehdyblah" that said that it should be up sometime of a previous year or something.
  • They had been broken for over a year, and I'm surprised nobody else reported on that sooner. I would've, but I felt it'd be rather trivial. Well, at least it's been sorted now :)
  • Well, Stitch was planning on replacing the forum with something else, but that never materialized. Probably for the best. So no changes were being made. But only very recently he made some back end changes in such a way that I could finally update those.