damaged iso: Jasc Paint Shop Pro 6.00 (CD)

edited December 2016 in Site Issues
I downloaded this software twice at the german server ray and once at the frence server naveen and 3 out of 3 times virtualbox and windows 10 reported an eror saying that the iso file was damaged.
I would really like to have this program (it doesn't matter if it is in an iso because i can make those files).

The link to the product:
https://winworldpc.com/download/70F69435-2834-11E5-9B0A-C86000DD9ED6

Comments

• Odd, it works for me and the ISO looks good. But I haven't tried the ISO specifically with virtualbox. If you were able to extract the ISO at all then it should be ok.

Try opening it with an extraction tool such as WinImage, that should let you copy the files out.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Odd, it works for me and the ISO looks good. But I haven't tried the ISO specifically with virtualbox. If you were able to extract the ISO at all then it should be ok.

Try opening it with an extraction tool such as WinImage, that should let you copy the files out.

Well, I tried opening the iso with 7zip (which worked), then put the files into a new iso file with my iso creator program and let that iso be run with virtual box.
    I didn't run into any errors with opening the "cd" in my virtual windows 98 SE test pc. But when I tried installing and using the software I had multiple fatal errors and a "blue screen of death". But after that bluescreen I could still use the software. Those crashes could also be from the last update of virtualbox (not counting the bluescreen). But I'm not going to install it on my other virtual Windows 98 SE pc.
  • Curiuosly, I had just downloaded that package on the 10th. Just now installed it - on would you believe Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64?

Flawless install.

BTW, the installer is in \PSP\Setup.exe and it's a single, 53 meg file.

So what I did was, open first with 7z tested - no issues. Opened again with UltraIso, extracted all files and ran the Setup.exe.

Again, no issues.

Don't think the ISo is at fault ghere....
    ======================================

Since we're talking about Paint Shop - would PSP 7.0 be allowed/wanted/useful to Winworld?

I have it here.....
  • screenshots:
    psp6_about.jpg

psp6_install_screen.jpg
  • That's crazy... ancient software working on modern systems with no problems whatsoever. That's even the same with Petz too (only that a certain trick is needed for that to work right). Also, I happened to have this same version on my Win98 SE VM last year and I never had any problems with it.

Just to say, I remembered Paint Shop Pro very well on my first computer, only that it was 8.0 I had. The memories of using that to make daft wee animations with... those were the days ;)
  • PSP 8 and 9 work flawlessly on Windows 7 x64. I still use both quite often.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    Just to say, I remembered Paint Shop Pro very well on my first computer, only that it was 8.0 I had. The memories of using that to make daft wee animations with... those were the days ;)

Yeah, our family computer used to have PSP 8 on it, but I think it might have just been a trial or something. Hard to recall at this point, but I think we had either a drive failure or something hose the OS... not exactly sure but I know we lost it. I used to use PSP 3.12 on my 486s back in the day. Then at some point I got Photoshop and I didn't pursue trying to find a copy of PSP. I think that's about to change.
  • Based on the comments here, I downloaded JASC Print Shop Pro 6.0 with intent to install to Win7 x64. However, I had several issues.

The ISO file (psp6.iso) extracted ok and was read by WinImage ok.
    I generally burn large ISO files to CD or DVD rather than storing on a hard drive for archival purposes.

When I tried to burn psp6.iso to CD, I got the following error message (1st time I've ever seen this):
    "The entered block size does not correspond to the image length.
    The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value
    or ignor the problem?"
    I tried to correct the value, but nothing I entered was accepted, and I just kept getting the same error message.

I did not want to ignor the problem, so I extracted all the files from the ISO and created a new ISO with ImgBurn.
    I was able to burn this newly created ISO file to CD with no error.
    So, there does seem to be a problem with the ISO file.

Using this newly created CD, I installed to Win7 x64.
    All seemed to install ok. but when started the program, I got the following error message:
    "FAILED TO UPDATE THE SYSTEM REGISTRY. USE REGEDIT TO UPDATE."
    The program would then load ok.
    But one consequence of this is there are no file associations for the program. These would have to all be entered manually.
    I retried the install from a temp folder, but got the same results.

I haven't tried installing to WinXP or Win98. I don't see that it would be a problem on these OSs.
  • I installed it on my Windows 7 x64 machine without any issues, but then I did not associate PSP with any files. That may be when the problem starts.