Can WinBoards be accessed via Tapatalk?

edited November 2016 in Site Issues
I can't seem to find WinBoards on Tapatalk (a universal and VERY famous forum client). Is it possible that it can somehow be added?
Thanks in advance,
pcgeek

Comments

• I'm going to say this, please admins, do not implement tapatalk. Tapatalk has been reported as being dangerous and exposes user information.
  • No it can not be added. Our phpBB is already in a fragile state and adding their plugin may make that worse. In addition they have questionable business practices and forced advertising, which I'm not cool with. Given the wide scope of their plugins functionality it may open up additional security holes.
  • I am OK with that if that is what you were thinking. Any chance of a data-efficient and very secure WinBoards app?
  • We already have one! And it's built into every phone, it's called your web browser.

I use WB just fine on my iPhone SE in Safari, so yeah.
  • And as a bonus, it is relatively light on scripting and very cross platform.

Windows 95 in Semonkey 1.1.20pre here. Because I can. :P
  • Ok, I understand. My 2g data connection absolutely sucks and WB can't be loaded in a decent amount of time. Combine this with the fact that shortly after I enabled a secret EngineerMode setting that forces mobile data to go at maximum speed, someone (probably my stupid Serbian cell provider) slowed my connection down to 1995 speeds. Now you know why I need a data-efficient app that compresses traffic and why I won't be available 24/7 here on WB. :(
  • pcgeek wrote:
    I won't be available 24/7 here on WB. :(

No one is on here 24/7 and if you are, you need to rethink your priorities.
  • Try text mode. 97% of WinBoards works in Lynx.